What's up with me...
I decided to conduct an interview with myself since I have been MIA for a while and need to get back on track...
Q: What are some of the fun things you have done this summer and why?
A: Wow...that's a tough one. There have been so many! I have had a few highlights that I can share. In June, Emma and Drew took swimming lessons. Drew and I did them together and it was a fun way to bond. Emma just loved being in the water and I loved watching her. She is currently in the next level and my hope is that by the end of the two weeks, she will put her face in the water. Good Luck Margaret! (her teacher, a very patient girl). I have enjoyed playing in the backyard with the kids, relaxing and reading during naptime, and doing small home projects.
In July, Emma and I visited my newest nephew, Isaac Hull, born to my bro and sis in law in Sacramento. He is a cutie and is already challenging his parents with nursing issues but he has a patient mom and they are overcoming the issues together. My mom was with them for a while and then we got to steal her away for a short time. We took grandma to the water slide park in Antioch along with a big group of Pathfinder moms. That was a lot of fun! Unfortunately gma and I were not very good about our sun screen and got a little too pink. I went without a real bra for about 5 days until by back could handle it.
Q: That sounds like it really hurt!
A: It gave me the excuse to be a bit lazy and wear a bandeau under my clothes...I miss having the freedom that a small tube of elastic can supply! Back in my smaller boob days I could pull it off but now... ah, I digress...
At the beginning of August, Emma and I joined a group of Pathfinders (my sunday school class for those who don't know) on a camping trip. Daddy stayed home with Drew who would have made the trip a bit frustrating, especially since there was poison oak everywhere, and we had girl time. I really enjoyed my time with Emma. We roasted marshmallows, went to Santa Cruz beach, played at the park, sang camp songs in the tent...you get the drift. I hope to do that more often with her.
Q: What are you looking forward to?
A: Excellent question!! Preschool is starting in a few weeks. I am looking forward to seeing our little girl take that next big step of independence. She needs this and so does mommy! I expect that preschool (which is literally around the corner from me in the house of a lady who has been doing this for 25 years and it is a Christian program) will really give her a chance to grow and make new friends who are local. Mommy hopes to meet some other mommies from the neighborhood as well.
Q: But what are you really looking forward too?
A: Okay, I'll admit it. I am really looking forward to our Disneyland/San Diego trip we are taking about a week after school starts...I know, bad mommy. But we have gma and gpa to blame since they planned it. I will teach Emma all about the letter B while we are away and hopefully she won't be too far behind the other 4 year olds! I will have to give a trip update when we get back. But let's just say, Steve and I are counting down the days until we get to hop in the car and take off for a while, finally!
Q: How's the diet going?
A: Now that is not a fair question. Don't you think it is a little too personal? I started South Beach (again) two weeks ago and have lost nearly 10 pounds. My goal is to lose at least 10 more before we go on the trip. You all can keep me accountable, just don't judge me when you see a Starbucks in my hand. I do allow for a few treats now and then!!
Q: What's for dinner tonight?
A: Pizza and Dr. Pepper. Just kidding...pork loin, salad, zucchini and speaking of dinner, I gotta go make it.

1 Comments:
Welcome back! I enjoy keeping up with what's going on with your family! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment
<< Home