Procrastination Zone...

What I am really doing when I should be cleaning or changing diapers!!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Munchies

Steve and I are back on the South Beach (SB) diet. It really hasn't been too bad to make the shift again. I think that is because we were already half-heartedly doing it so we only had to change some of our habits. The biggest problem is snacking. We get the munchies in the evening and really have nothing to eat that is SB appropriate. The "snacks" we have currently are sugar free: pudding, jello, cocoa; low sugar ice cream, veggies with hummus (flavored of course), peanuts, and cheese sticks. What we really want is popcorn, chips, pretzels, crackers, anything bread-like or salty. Since that isn't a good option, we are looking for ideas. If you come across a low carb snack idea, let me know... we also love getting recipe ideas to try. We are putting out an S.O.S. ~ Save Our Snacks!

I am going to use my blog to help me keep accountable on this diet. Last week I lost only 1 pound but I also started my period...you know what that means!! Bloated, fat, fatty, fat...so I am hoping next weeks weigh-in will be even better... I was a very good girl this week and would love for the scale to show it!

3 Comments:

Blogger krista said...

Can you have fat free cool whip? Years ago, when we tried the Atkins diet, we ate containers of the stuff. I loved it frozen because it seemed more like ice cream.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Katie Willis said...

We can have fat free, sugar free cool whip. When I did Weight Watchers, pre-kids, a trick I learned was to take the fat free cool whip and sandwich it between low fat graham crackers like an ice-cream sandwich. I also had a great recipe for lemon cookies that were like sugar cookies and were only 1 point each on the diet. Cool whip and those was delicious!!

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katie! I am enjoying getting caught up on your life and seeing pics of the kids. I miss you!

I am feeling your pain about the diet thing...I am attempting Weight Watchers and it is just really not so much fun!

Anyhow, I will try to visit your blog more so we can keep in touch better.
I can't beleive that Andrew is a year already...that is just crazy! He is so adorable and Emma is a doll.
Our girls are doing well...Meggie had been so sick for the last week, but is finally getting back to normal and regaining appetite.

Steve is going to be looking for a new job, which is a bit stressful and uncertain! God is so good, and I know He will provide for us.

OK, happy blogging!!!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home