Kitchen Chaos Part 2
They are finally here!! The photos you have all been waiting for on pins and needles, I'm sure... So keep in mind that we haven't done any touch up painting and that we are going to eventually paint the walls a darker taupe-tan color to help the granite "pop" even more. But you get the idea of the new look from the pics. I tried to get the clearest pics as possible but the lighting isn't very good. So imagine things looking a little brighter than the pics show.
This is the granite. The base color is a creamy color with tans and browns in the veining as well as some quartz and gold glitz (just a little).
We decided to do a full wall back splash since the tile did a great deal of damage to the wall and the side of the cabinet. I wasn't sure I would like it but I really do and it is easy to clean.
Here is the best shot I could get of the kitchen. There is another counter on the right side that you can't see, next to our fridge. Some day we will have bar stools (once the kids are older).
This is what used to be the wet bar. We took out the sink and just did one counter. It is by the garage door and is a perfect landing zone for keys, mail, etc...
My new, big sink and faucet!!! A dishwasher's dream, right Steve? (he's the washer in our family)
This photo is to show the size of the sink. This is my largest skillet. It lays flat with room on all sides and is very deep in the sink. I can stack a few days dishes in the sink and no one is the wiser...of course, that is until you go and look in the sink...
We are very pleased with the results and proud of the fact that we did at least a little of the work ourselves.

3 Comments:
It looks great!! ....and Steve does the dishes?! Can I have him talk to Isaac?
It looks great, Katie! All of your hard work has paid off (as did all of the times you, or Steve, washed dishes in the bathroom). I like the backsplash going all the way up too. I remember sitting outside crying one morning during the beginning of our kitchen redo, wondering what we had gotten ourselves into and where I could escape to until it was all over (pre-Macie of course). But it too was worth it.
It looks fantastic! Great work! Also, those are fun pictures from the snow. I'm glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment
<< Home