Procrastination Zone...

What I am really doing when I should be cleaning or changing diapers!!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

What happened to modesty?

I am staring at the computer trying to figure out something witty to write. If I wait for the witty to strike me, I could be here all night. I guess I will talk about my latest complaint...body fat. Actually, that is always my complaint. And actually, that is not what I am going to talk about. Instead I will talk about modesty, which has a little to do with body fat in a "round about" sort of way (ha ha).

I am looking forward to fall, partly because I have many skinny acquaintences who like to wear next to nothing, or skin tight, or too short outfits during the summer. Fall means more layers, less skin. Yea!! In order to avoid going into my rantings about how modesty has lost its place, even among christians and how my poor husband can't even go to church without having to worry about what so-n-so is wearing (or not wearing), I will end by saying that the problem may actually lie in the fact that I am jealous of the little bodies that can turn heads...although I think I would still dress modestly if I had a little body.

What happened to those days when it was the cool thing to wear overalls or big sweaters. Remember those? I loved my overalls and the rest of the world didn't have to see my goods. Maybe I should write to Old Navy, start a campaign to bring overalls back. (patriotic music in the background) It's time for a revolution!! Round people unite! Let's show the world that covering your body parts can be sexy! Large flannel shirts leave more to the imagination!! Big clothes is in!!

I must be getting old...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home