Guilty
Pastor John was talking about Leaving a Legacy, what it means to walk the Christian walk and how that effects those who watch you. He mentioned money and materialism. Our church is very wealthy but Steve and I just barely pay our bills. I find myself grumbling about how much people spend on cars, home decor, vacations, etc...quite often. But part of me is jealous, I will admit it. The comment John made today was that the envy of someone elses wealth is just as sinful as the one who is steeped in the materialism. Ouch! Time to pull the plank out of my eye. There is always something to work on...

1 Comments:
I can definitely relate. Money is tight, but every now and then I sit back and realize how blessed I am....a loving husband, beautiful little girl, great family and friends....no amount of money can give me these things. And not to mention God's grace in my life....God is good.
Post a Comment
<< Home